Logging in to Slack
NOTE: If it is the first time you log in to Slack and you did not receive an email invitation to join, check with your team lead.
There are two ways to use Slack:
Option 1: You can sign in from a web browser:
- Go to the AppHelp Slack workspace at http://apphelp-workspace.slack.com.
- Log in using your employee email address.
- If you use another Slack workspace (your employer one, for example) you may be prompted to select the workspace to sign in. Click the Launch button next to the AppHelp workspace.
Option 2: Alternatively, you can download the desktop app to have more control over notifications. Refer to the following articles to:
Resetting your Slack Password
You can reset your Slack password without escalating to your team lead or to AppHelp by using the built-in self-serve Forgot Your Password process outlined below.
- Go to the AppHelp Slack workspace at http://apphelp-workspace.slack.com
- Below the sign-in form, next to Forgot your password?, click the Get help signing link.
- Click the Reset your password button.
- Enter your employee email address.
- Click the Get Reset Link button.
- Check your inbox for instructions on how to reset your Slack password. Check your Spam folder if you do not find the email in your inbox.
- From the Reset your password email, click the Choose a New Password button.
- Enter your new password, confirm it and then click the Change my password button. You will receive an email confirming that your password has changed.
- Under the Account menu on the left sidebar, click the Back to Slack link.