Once the migration order is placed and if you selected a Partially Automated migration, SkyKick will notify you (as the migration agent) by email that they have replicated the DNS information for the customer’s domain being migrated to their nameservers.
Here’s an example of the email:
At this point, you must guide the point of contact (POC) to update the nameservers in their domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy) to point to the new nameservers at least 48 hours before the migration cutover date.
Below, you will find an example on how to update the nameservers in GoDaddy but note that the POC might use a different domain registrar and the steps to update the nameservers will also be different.
- Log into GoDaddy.
- Locate your domain and click the DNS button.
- Under the Nameservers section, click the Change button.
- Click the Enter my own nameservers (advanced) option.
- Add the nameservers provided by SkyKick. Click the Save button.
- Confirm the change.
- Since the nameservers are now managed by Skykick, here is what you’ll see in GoDaddy.
- Use a whois tool or the MX toolbox to double check that the nameservers are reflected correctly.